Teacher of Science
Buxton Community School is seeking to appoint a well-qualified and enthusiastic Teacher of Science to join the team on a permanent basis. There is the prospect of a TLR for the right candidate.
We are seeking an outstanding classroom teacher with proven success and suitable experience of delivering high quality teaching and learning to students across all key stages. Experience of KS5 teaching is desirable however, not essential provided that the candidate has suitable ambition to teach to this level should the opportunity arise. The role is suitable for ECTs to apply.
Applicants for the role must have a strong Science background as evidenced by excellent qualifications and an intrinsic desire to keep abreast of key developments in the subject. We are looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic individual who is a team player and happy to work collegiately to continue to drive forward our success. You will work closely and collaboratively with the Science team; be receptive to innovative practices and be an inspirational and motivational practitioner.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a tangible passion for teaching Science and be able to share evidence of enabling students to meet and exceed expectations.
- Have experience in teaching Science at Key Stages 3 & 4 with experience or ambition to teach to A Level.
- Have excellent understanding of the curriculum and specifically how lesson design can help to deliver this successfully. They will have a keen interest in evidenced based research to inform their teaching.
- Be someone who understands the value of high-quality assessment and feedback to inform lesson design.
What you will get from us:
- The chance to join a forward thinking and ambitious department who are committed to providing the best education to students at BCS.
- Support with regard to your own needs whether they be teaching and learning based or leadership.
- A supportive, collegiate and sociable working environment.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a teacher at any stage of their career and our priority is to appoint someone who is committed to education and being the best teacher they can be. We are looking for someone who can spark an interest in students and fully support them in achieving success in the subject. There is the opportunity of a TLR payment for the right candidate.
Salary: Main/Upper Pay Scale
Contract Type and Term: Full time, Permanent
Start date: September 2023
The Application Process
Applicants should download the application form and send the completed form along
with a covering letter of application to Mrs Sandi Flint, Headteacher’s PA at email@example.com or to Buxton Community School, College Road, Buxton, SK17 9EA.
Closing date for applications is Friday 19th May 2023 at 9.30am
Interviews will be held week commencing Monday 22nd May
If you are short-listed for interview, you will be contacted in advance to discuss arrangements for the interview. Unfortunately, if you have not been contacted prior to the interview day, your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Buxton Community School is committed to safeguarding and the process of safer recruitment. As a result, this post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, and all shortlisted candidates will be expected to prove their identity at interview. The successful candidate will be expected to show original copies of qualifications and further proof of their identity.