Why Choose Us?
Here at Buxton Community School, our aim is to ensure that every Sixth Form student leaves us with a range of skills, interests and academic achievements which will form the basis of a happy and fulfilled life in the future. The support we provide allows you to focus your attention on academic success and explore the most appropriate path in life for you.
Life for a Sixth Form student at Buxton Community School is both enjoyable and stimulating. The atmosphere is more relaxed and informal, as are the relationships with subject staff. The emphasis is on self-motivated, independent learning, developing new skills, and taking greater responsibility for your own work.
We encourage all of our students to have high aspirations and we do everything we can to help them get the university places of their choice and fulfil their future career paths. In particular, we provide:
- A wide choice of academic courses to cater for all abilities and interests
- High quality teaching, with individual supervision and regular reports
- An opportunity to develop the independent learning skills you will need for Higher Education and employment
- A friendly and supportive environment where you feel valued and cared for
- Excellent facilities, including two study areas, and cafe
- Many opportunities to engage in exciting extra-curricular and social activities
- A specialist careers advisory service to give you the support you need to achieve your ambition
We look forward to welcoming you to Buxton Community School Sixth Form, where every student is provided with a unique opportunity to flourish.
BUILDING SUCCESS FOR YOUR FUTURE
For more information please contact the KS5 Director of Progress