Head of Department: Emma Batey (Contact)
Key Stage 4
WJEC GCSE FILM STUDIES
At GCSE students use the key concepts of film to critically analyse a range of texts. They will study one film genre in depth and one set text specified by the exam board.
There are two written exams worth 50% of the GCSE:
• Paper 1: Hollywood Movies: The Superhero Genre
• Paper 2: Films Outside Hollywood: Tsotsi (Hood, 2005)
The coursework is worth 50% of the GCSE. Students will:
• Research and analyse a film of their own choice
• Plan and produce a short film extract
• Evaluate their own production.