We are really pleased that you have chose to study BTEC Level 3 IT in our Sixth Form. Please download the booklet below and work through the tasks. These will cover the following:
- Why did you choose BTEC IT?
- What other A levels have you chosen and why?
- What Operating System do you have at home? (MAC, Windows, Linux)
- Have you used spreadsheets before? If so in school or at home?
- What career or College/University course were you thinking about in the future?
- Do you have access to the school system from home yet?
Why BTEC IT?
- Real world skills for businesses and jobs
- Databases used in most if not all organisations
- Theory learnt for exam on the principles of ICT and how businesses use and need ICT
- Equivalent to an A Level same points for UCAS system, but graded as Pass Merit Distinction and Distinction Star
What will you get out of it?
- Skills to take to the workplace and help you in jobs
- Excellent practical skills; including databases to a high level and then either spreadsheets or websites again to high skills level to be able to implement and make what is a board set task